Seniors All-round Development Day Program (Phase V)
Gaia’s “Seniors All-round Development Day Program” provides structured and supervised social, recreational, physical, cognitive, self-care, aesthetic and educational activities for frail seniors, post-stroke clients and those living with early signs of dementia. The program helps preventing sense of social isolation and encourages independent living in the community as well as provides tailor-made support and information services for caregivers.
October – December 2023, Every Thursday 10am to 3pm (12 + 1 session)
Oct 5, Oct 12, Oct 19, Oct 26
Nov 2, Nov 9, Nov16, Nov 23, Nov 30
Dec 7, Dec 14, Dec 21, *Dec 28
* “Caregiver’s Support Day” will be scheduled on Dec 28 for enhancing caregiver’s understanding on the capacity and progress of participants
- Seniors requiring assistance in daily living
- Seniors requiring health monitoring and supervision on a regular basis
- Seniors living with mild cognitive impairment or early signs of dementia
- Seniors isolated from the community due to functional limitations
- Seniors at risk of fall or being left alone
- Seniors whose caregivers require regular periods of relief
- Educational, physical, recreational and social activities
- Daily News and Newspaper Reading and Sharing
- Assistance with activities of daily living
- Individual/group supportive counselling
- Nutritious Snacks and Hot lunch
- Fall Prevention Support Scheme
- Foot care service
- Caregiver Support Program
12 (Intake Interviews with Participants and Caregivers will be conducted for Screening Purpose)
- $10 per session (including all program expenses, meal & snacks)
Programs Fees will be collected at the first session of each phase. If due to financial or any other special reason that the total fees cannot be paid, please inform our staff to discuss alternative arrangement.
- Additional fees will be charged for transportation, outings and special events.
Referrals are welcome from medical professionals, social workers, family members, friends or clients themselves. Intake interview by GAIA’s staff is required to determine eligibility.
- Treasure Seniors’ Strength and Potentials
- Individual Development Service Plan for each participant
- Emphasis on Caregivers’ Participation and Support
- Regular Knowledge and Expertise Exchange with Yee Hong, Ontario
- Trans-disciplinary Consultancy Committee for Program